Random Mine

Cogito Ergo Sum.. I think therefore I am.. No, I'm not trying to debate how wrong Descart was but rather dwell in thought that brought him to this conclusion. Here are my random thoughts which in turn proves to me that I do exist..

6/18/2003

What is scary? It's the prospect of what can happen tomorrow. I'm realizing that I can face today and the current state of everything but I am unadequately prepared for what tomorrow will make me face. At one point in the past, I have changed to a completely different person. I do not think like my old self. I do not carry out my life the way I once did. Scared of pain and suffering, I shy away from what would have been a great excitment before.

Now, I have to ask myself why I have changed this way. I guess one way to look at it is that I have grown up and fully understand the consequences of my actions. Another way to look at this is that I have fit myself into this image of a man society has demanded of me. Whatever have happened to the idea of a man I wanted to be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home