Random Mine

Cogito Ergo Sum.. I think therefore I am.. No, I'm not trying to debate how wrong Descart was but rather dwell in thought that brought him to this conclusion. Here are my random thoughts which in turn proves to me that I do exist..

7/16/2003

Ant?I went for a walk after lunch today and one thought entered my mind.
I saw all these people who work around here coming back from their lunch and going for a walk and stuff. Now, what sets us aside from an ant colony? I mean we are all consumed by this need to earn our living without really seeing the big picture of how everything fits together. Those who are successful in this world tend to be good at what they do. But so what? because I can analyze a piece of code better than your average person, who really cares? I get a job because I'm good at what I do but what does that really do? I get a monetary reward, yes. I get recognized for being good at my job, yes. But really... in the grand scheme of things does it really matter? Then what is it that we all try to attain by being good at what we do? Does this make any sense?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home